Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Read Abouts: December

Christmas

Read: How The Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss

Craft: Book Angels or Book Elves
  • Need: Old paperback books, glue, glitter, small round object for head (I used Sculpty clay and made my own), popsicle sticks, pipe cleaners, yarn and fabric.
I began by folding the pages as if dog-earing them -- folded into the spine. (I did this in advance because of time limitations). When pages are completely folded, carefully tear the cover off the book. I then hot-glued my Sculpty clay heads onto popsicle sticks. Then I hot-glued the pop-stick between two pages in the middle of the book. I also drew the face on each head and made yarn hair as well as made all the clothes .... Geez, so I basically made all the elements of the this craft!!!! Then I allowed the children to glue it all together -- hehe. Hey, our after school storytime is only a half-hour and the kids are a "bit" wiggly ... so the more done the better (better for all of us, believe me). So, they basically glued a bunch of stuff on. But, look at the finished product. I LOVE THEM!!
This one is mine!!
Pretty angel
Finished product

1 comment: