Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer Bunch: Safari

Going on a Safari!

Read: Way Far Away on a Wild Safari by Jan Peck

Activity: Animal Safari Scavenger Hunt.

I was inspired to try this idea by a blog I found via Pinterest. (If you do not know about Pinterest, beware! It is awesome and it will take over your life!!) Anyway, this blogger is a party planner and her ideas are so cool. She actually inspired us to be super-creative for our Multi-Cultural Food Fest that we had last week (check out our pics here). Check her out at apartystyle.com.

Anywho, she used blow-up animals. Due to budgetary constraints, I had to go low-rent. I had some photos a patron had given us and cut and labeled each photo. I posted the pictures around the Children's Library (and maybe one or two outside if the weather is nice). As a team, parent and child(ren) was given a check-list (see pictures). After they completed their task, each child was given baggie of animal cracker cookies!!!

That is it... One more week of Summer Bunch!! Now I am off to Maine with my bestie for the weekend! Woot Hoot!








No comments:

Post a Comment