Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Burnham Bunch: Halloween!

Oh, Sandy! How can you do this to us ...

Second year in a row that Halloween is in jeopardy! Hurricane Sandy visited the East Coast ... devastation is evident everywhere along the shoreline. We were lucky in our little piece of Connecticut. Mostly fallen trees and downed wires. Power is out in many towns ... but otherwise we are fine. Many businesses are closed and almost all schools as well. I am without power and it is killing me! Pioneer life is highly overrated ... please give me back my television!

I wasn't sure if we would be having storytime today, so I couldn't really prepare for our annual Storytime Halloween Party. But, we are open for business today. I emailed my storytime parents last night -- from my local library! -- and informed them that the "official" party was cancelled. But, we were open and, if they wanted to get out of the house for a bit, they could stop-in and hear a story and hang-out!

*Costumes encouraged!

Read: The Spooky Wheels on the Bus by J. Elizabeth Mills and 10 Trick-or-Treaters by Janet Schulman



Flannel board: Using the book The Spooky Wheels on the bus, the kiddos placed story pieces as the story progresses.








No comments:

Post a Comment