Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Burnham Bunch: Turkeys

Turkeys

Read: Gobble Gobble Crash! by Julie Stiegemeyer



Flannel Board: Five Fat Turkeys found via Pinterest from Ram Sam Storytime

Please excuse my pink turkeys, my printer was running out of ink!
Craft: Toddler Turkey via my old stand-by for great ideas NoTimeForFlashcards

Need: Sticky-back paper, construction paper: red, orange, yellow, sticker eyes, and glitter glue.
  • Prior to storytime, I cut out:
    • Turkey-shaped frame and turkey body-head = orange
    • Beak = yellow
    • Gobbler/Waddle = red
  • I didn't have glitter glue ... so I made some using craft glue mixed with glitter (hoping it dries clear!)
  • Place a piece of sticky-back paper at each craft seat with the turkey-shape adhered ... all sticky side up. 
  • Kiddos glued the beak and gobbler and sticker eyes to the turkey body-head -- set aside.
  • Then, they finger-painted the inside of the turkey-shape. Have handi-wipes standing by for quick clean-up.
  • Adhere the turkey body to the sticky paper.
  • Then, place a second piece of sticky-paper on top. Trim around the shape and there you go!

















No comments:

Post a Comment