Thursday, March 27, 2014

Burnham Bunch: Mud

Mud's the word

Read: Harry the Dirty Dog by Gene Zion and I'm Dirty by Kate and Jim McMullan




Flannel boards:

Harry the Dirty Dog:
Laminate a photo of Harry. As I was reading the book, I colored him "dirty." I made sure to leave some white spots ... As he takes a bath, use a paper towel to wipe off the crayon to make him clean again.



I'm Dirty:
I found images via Google and placed them in a Microsoft Publisher and numbered the images 10-1. As our Backhoe loader cleans the yard ... I had the kiddos place their story pieces on the board.


Craft: Mud painting

Image of Backhoe Loader -- found via Google, traced and copied. Brown paint, Matchbox or any other small car/truck, plates for paint.

  • I placed brown paint on a plate -- one for each kiddo. Gave them each a car, and let them go for it. 
  • The kiddos LOVED using the car for painting.










No comments:

Post a Comment