Thursday, September 2, 2010

Our "Theme" Song

Welcome Everyone!

We started singing this song two years ago and what a HIT! Believe me, if I forget to sing it one week....they will never let me forget again! I usually let the children settle-in and play with the toys (i.e. The Train Table), and interact with their storytime friends. When I am ready to begin storytime, I instruct them all to get their story carpets (carpet remnants) and be seated. After the children settle down, we begin by singing:

(In the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star)

Welcome, welcome everyone
Now you're here let's have some fun
We will work and we will play
We'll have fun in many ways
Here is what we're going to do
Listen and you'll have fun too

               -- Jean Warren at Preschool Express

If we have a newbie or visitor, who may not be aware of the lyrics, it is easy for them to hum the tune along with us (because EVERYONE knows the tune to Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star!!! - right?).
Then, after we finish singing, I introduce our story theme for the week. We may have a little bit of discussion and begin our story.....

No comments:

Post a Comment