Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Burnham Bunch : Hats and Caps

Let me take my hat off to you....

Read: Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina

Storyboard: Caps for Sale felt board... Using story as prompt, add different elements to the felt board as the story progresses.

Craft: Make a Hat, of course!!
  • Need: newspaper, bits and bops (tissue paper shapes, feathers, stickers, etc) and glue sticks.
  • Prior to storytime have your wonderful co-worker fold a bazillion newspaper hats. Directions can be found at here at TLC Family.
  • Have children decorate hats with different accessories.
  • And........that is pretty much it!

    Caps! Caps, for sale! Fifty cents a cap!
    
       
Birthday Girls! Mom brought in some cupcakes for us all to share!

2 comments:

  1. love this book and activity! good job jean, you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know my favorite story-telling book. the kids loved it.... "you monkey's you, give me back my hats ... tsz tsz tsz" !! so fun.

    ReplyDelete