Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Burnham Bunch: Pumpkins

Pumpkins

Read: Pumply, Dumply Pumpkin by Mary Serfozo, Pumpkin Day, Pumpkin Night by Anne Rockwell, Five Little Pumpkins illustrated by Ben Mantle



I have a horrible head cold. So, I used one of my easiest craft options. Sticky-back paper and tissue paper. Really, it can't get much easier than this. Little prep and clean-up. Perfect ....
Craft: Pumpkins
  • Need: Sticky-back paper, pumpkin pattern, tissue paper (I used a orange/black tissue paper that I had lying around) and a brown crayon.
  • Prior to storytime cut a pumpkin shape and then cut out the middle. Place shape, face down, on sticky-back paper (not including the stem). Trim tissue paper into small squares.
  • At each craft seat, lay out the pumpkin -- sticky side up. Instruct children to cover the entire shape with tissue paper.
  • When completed, trim and have them color in stem brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment