Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Burnham Bunch: Spiders

Halloween = Creepy, Crawly Spiders

Read: Aaaarrggh! Spider! by Lydia Monks and A Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle.


I storytime time is typically a great mix of kiddos between two and five years old. But, this year, the two's outweigh the group. I also have a pretty large Wednesday session. So, I am finding that the simpler the craft the better. I was trolling Pinterest for some inspiration, when I found this super-easy spider craft from my fav blogger No Time For Flash Cards.

Craft: Spotty Spider from No Time for Flash Cards

  • Need: Paper plates, circle stickers, pipe cleaners and sticker-eyes.
  • Prior to storytime, punch four small holes at the edge of the plate (both sides).
  • Set out materials: At each craft seat place one plate, two sheets of dot stickers, two sticker-eyes and four pipe cleaners.
  • Instruct the children to spotify their spider. When they have finished, stick on their sticker-eyes.
  • Then have their parent help to thread the pipe cleaners through the holes.
  • There you have it!





No comments:

Post a Comment