Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Burnham Bunch: Color Me Fabulous

What to Wear?

Read: Froggy Gets Dressed by Jonathan London and Ella Sarah Gets Dressed by Margaret Chodos-Irvine.

Flannel Board: Mary Wore a Red Dress inspired by Miss Mary Liberry




Craft: Color me Fabulous!

I drew a figure of a person -- to make it a girl I added a bit of hair and eyelashes (I know, so clever) I also drew a dress for the girls and a shirt for the boys.


After we read the above books and sang four-hundred verses of Mary Wore a Red Dress (and before I dismissed them to the craft table) I asked each kiddo to tell me their favorite color (of course, over the years, I pretty much know their favorite!!) As they settled into their craft seats, I handed out copies of the person-figure, dresses and shirts. I asked each child to use their favorite color crayon to color their item of clothing. After they completed their coloring, I asked them what color they used and then wrote it on their paper.






No comments:

Post a Comment