Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer Bunch: Rockets

Rockets

Read: Sheep Blast Off! by Nancy Shaw and Roaring Rockets by Tony Mitton and Ant Parker


Flannel board: Five Astronauts at Play from In the Children's Room



One astronaut went out to play,
Upon the great big moon one day.
He(She) had such enormous fun,
that he called for another astronaut to come.

Repeat 2, 3, 4, 5

Five astronauts went out to play,
Upon the great big moon one day.
They had such enormous fun,
But there weren't any more astronauts to come.

I visited Google images and found clipart of a man and woman astronaut. Using Microsoft Publisher, I added a text box in the middle of each astronaut with a 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Craft: Shape Rockets borrowed from Toddler Approved

Need: Red, gray, orange and yellow craft paper, star stickers, and glue sticks.
  • Prior to storytime, I cut out three shapes out of the craft paper: Red = triangle, Gray = rectangle, and Yellow = square. I used the orange for the "flames." So, I cut a square and then "fringed" it.
  • At storytime, we constructed our rockets as I called out the shapes -- Find the gray rectangle ....
  • After the rockets were all glue together, I they decorated the rockets with the shiny stars.








  

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Jean!!! Wish you worked here or we lived there....

    ReplyDelete