Thursday, July 5, 2012

Summer Bunch: Aliens

Aliens!!!!

Read: Hush, Little Alien by David Kirk and The Way Back Home by Oliver Jeffers


Flannel Board: What Will We See in Outer Space found on Pinterest from Catch the Possibilities

What will we See in outer space, outer space, outer space?
What will we see in outer space, away up in the sky?

We'll see some tiny twinkling stars ...
We'll see the moon with a smiling face ...
We'll see some astronauts ...
We'll see a rocket ship flying by ...
We'll see a planet that spins around ...
We'll see a martian with 3 big eyes ...

I handed out the pieces to the kiddos (thank goodness I printed out more than needed!) and had them place them on the board as we sang our song.

I can not figure out how to rotate this!!!

Craft: Alien headbands on No Time for Flash Cards

Need: Glittery-green sticky-back foam, eyes, silver pipe-cleaners, white paper, green crayons, and tape.
  • Prior to storytime, I had my helpful teen volunteer cut-out glittery-green circles and eyes. I trimmed the pipe cleaners in half. We cut 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper in half and they tapped it together to form a head band.
  • I instructed the children to color their paper with their green crayon. I told them they could make a design, or color the whole thing....their choice.
  • After that step was completed, I had the kiddos remove the sticky-back from the glittery-green circles.
  • Then I asked them to stick their pretty silver antennae to the sticky part of the circle.
  • Next, stick the eyes on top, to make a "eyeball sandwich"
  • When they completed all their steps, I taped the pipe cleaners to the back of the headband. Then I fitted it to their heads, and taped.


We had 17 kiddos today! Oh, my! It was a mad-house. Plus moms, plus siblings. Yikes! I had the last two days off and I was not ready for the crowd! Sooooo ..... I am ready for another few days off.











  

No comments:

Post a Comment