Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer Bunch: Nighttime

Nighttime

Read: Owlet's First Flight by Mitra Modarressi and Moonlight by Helen V. Griffith


Flannel board: Let's Go Out on a Summer Night via In the Children's Room


Craft: Starry night sky found at Sun Hats and Wellie Boots

Need: Sturdy black paper, glow-in-the-dark paint, white glue, glitter, silvery stars (bought a package of stars used to decorate tables for parties), silver glitter, glow-in-the-dark stars and foam brushes.

  • I mixed together the glow-in-the-dark paint with a bit of white glue and silver glitter. At each craft seat, I set a small cup of silver stars and the glow stars and a cup of the paint mixture (we use recycled plastic fruit cups)
  • I had the children paint their papers with the paint-glue-glitter mixture. 
  • Then I had them add their silvery stars and glow stars.
  • Simple, easy and sooooo starry!









1 comment:

  1. I know I always say I like your projects but I really love these! They are so pretty. And I want that owl to hold and love and squeeze!

    ReplyDelete