Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Burnham Bunch: Halloween Part 1

Halloween Part 1: Ghosts

Read: Just Say Boo by Susan Hood and The Witch's Hat by Tony Johnston


Story prop: The Witch's Hat

I downloaded pics of rats, cats, bats and a white toad -- we printed and laminated them. I wore a witches hat and used a plastic caldron ....

Craft: Ghosts

Need: Sticky-back paper, (we ran out of sticky-back paper, and I DID NOT want to go to another craft store, so we improvised) white tissue paper, white and black craft paper and glue sticks
  • Prior to storytime, I traced a ghost shape onto the white craft paper. Then I cut the middle of the ghost to make a ghost-frame.
  • We cut black circles for eyes, black craft paper, and a bunch of tissue paper squares.
  • At storytime, Miss Susan glued the ghost frame on each piece of black paper.
  • I instruced the kiddos, to "color" the inside with their glue stick. And then stick on their tissue paper.
  • Done! Super-spooooooooky!

I still can not figure out how to rotate an image!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment