Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Burnham Bunch: For the Birds!

For the Birds!

I love birds. I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to our fine feathered friends. We have a kiddos with multiple food allergies, so I try to be very cautious -- therefore, no peanut butter. Last year, the kiddos made Cheerio bird feeders. So, I was looking for another option ... and found this great idea on Pinterest (Gosh, I just love you Pinterest! Love, love love!)

Read:

Flannel Board: Two Little Birds from My Storytime Life


Craft: Bird Feeder from eighteen25 -- Visit for complete directions (and check-out her other great ideas)

Need: bird seed "batter" (bird seed, water, gelatin) twine or string, cookie cutters/molds and wax paper

  • I decided to make the birdseed "batter" ahead of time. I brought in my electric tea kettle and prepared it in the office. 
  • At each craft seat, I set out a small scoop of the bird seed "batter," a piece of wax paper and a piece of twine.
  • We have this BIG set of cookie cutters ... so I let the kiddos select one/two.
  • These need to dry, so I had paper plates handy for easy transport.






No comments:

Post a Comment