Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Burnham Bunch: Christmas

Christmas Star

Read: Suzy Goose and the Christmas Star by Petr Horacek and 10 Trim-the-Tree'ers by Janet Schulman.


Feltboard: Using 10 Trim-the-tree'ers.

Craft: Winter Snowflake/Christmas Star Ornament

  • Need: Popsicle sticks, glitter, white glue and jewels.
  • Prior to storytime, hot glue 3 popsicle sticks into a snowflake/star shape.
  • Hoping to keep this project relatively neat. I set up glitter stations: 1 red, green, gold. At each station, I placed a tray with a piece of copy paper and a cup of glitter. 
  • At each child's craft seat, I set a plate with one of the ornaments. I asked each child to "paint" their ornament with white glue.
  • After that step was completed, the kiddos proceeded to the glitter station of their choice.
  • With the help of their parent/care-giver, they sprinkled the glitter onto their ornament.
  • Then carefully place the ornament back onto the plate to dry.
  • When completely dry, I will hot-glue a sting/yarn to the back as a hanger.











I had to include this. Seriously! How precious is this? *sigh*


 




No comments:

Post a Comment