Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Burnham Bunch: Dr. Seuss


Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

Read: Great Day for Up and Mr. Brown can Moo! Can You?

Both of these books beg for interaction..... So, I am going to make a UP sign for Great Day for Up  ... everytime I want them to chant "UP," I will hold up the sign. Don't think I need to tell any of you what to do for As for Mr. Brown Can Moo! (ohhh, I just rhymed!)

Craft: Cat in the Hat inspired by Brilliant Beginnings Preschool blog
  • Need: Black paper plate (small cake plates from a party store), white construction paper (for cat's hat shape and face), black paper (ears and whiskers and nose), sticker eyes, red crayons and glue sticks.
  • Prior to storytime, I cut a circle for the cat's face and a hat shape, some ears and whiskers. I used the hat template from the Brilliant Beginnings Preschool blog .... To help the kiddos understand how to make a striped hat, I added the word "red" on every other row.












Birthday Girls and Cupcakes ....

1 comment: