Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Burnham Bunch: Valentine's Day

Hearts a Plenty

Read: Big Hugs, Little Hugs by Felicia Bond and Guess Who? By Lola Schaefer




Flannel Board: Little Red Valentine! Inspired by Storytime ABC's

Craft: "I think you are tweet" ... a  birdy Valentine

  • Need: Craft paper in various Valentiney colors: purple, pink and red. Glue sticks. And a white paper for the base. Sticker eye and heart stickers (optional).
  • Prior to storytime, cut out seven different size hearts: 1 large - body, 2 medium - wing and tail-feather, 1 smaller - head-feather, 2 smallest - beak and feet (we used a heart sticker for the beak). Using Microsoft Word, I made a text-box saying "I Think You Are Tweet."
  • I also drew two legs onto a piece of white construction paper. This will be the foundation to "build" their bird.
My birdy's legs

  • I told the kiddos that their are a lot of steps, so they have to use their "listening" ears!
  • As the kiddos constructed their bird, I asked them to find the largest heart ... it is __________ (the color) this is the body,  next find the __________(color) heart, this will make our wing .... etc. You get the picture.
  • After they completed the bird, they glued their Valentine saying onto their card and then signed their name.
  • And this is our finished product.













No comments:

Post a Comment