Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Burnham Bunch: Springtime

Spring has Sprung!

Read: My Garden by Kevin Henkes ( I just l.o.v.e. this book) and Rabbit's Good News by Ruth Lercher Bornstein.



Flannel Board:

Five Little Flowers

One little flower had nothing much to do,
Out popped another one, then there were two.

Two little flowers were smiling at the bee,
Out popped another one, then there were three.

Three little flowers were growing by the door,
Out popped another one, then there were four.

Four little flowers were glad to be alive,
Out popped another one, then there were five.



I used clipart to make five different colored flowers with stems. I put the numbers 1 - 5 in the middle of each flower. As I chanted the rhyme, I put each flower up. Easy peasy!

Craft: Accordion Folded Flower Card inspired by Make and Takes
  • Need: Green paper and other colorful papers. Sturdy card stock. Glue sticks.
  • Prior to storytime, I accordion-folded a bunch of card-stock. I also cut out flower stems out of the green paper. And various shapes (circles, tulip, wavy-circles) out of the colorful scapbooking paper.














No comments:

Post a Comment