Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Burnham Bunch: Fall

Fall

The first day of Fall is on September 22nd. I simply can't wait! I LOVE the fall. I love leaves and pumpkins and apple and anything made with apples and boots and jackets and the smell ..... So, we are going to make some fall trees!

Read:  Mouse's First Fall by Lauren Thompson and Let if Fall by Maryann Cocca-Leffler



Flannel Board: Leaves on the Trees .... from Awesome Storytime via Pinterest



Craft: Q-tip Trees found here via Pinterest

Need: Q-tips, paper plates, paint in brown, red, orange, and yellow, brown and white craft paper, and glue sticks.
  • Prior to storytime I cut out trunk shapes.
  • At each craft seat, I placed a piece of sturdy white paper, glue stick and trunk, and a small plate with a few dollops of the various colors of paint and four Q-tips.
  • I asked each kiddos, to apply their trunk.
  • Then the fun happens. Stamp the tree with your Q-tips to make a beautiful design.
  • Done! And beautiful!





 






We celebrated one of our kiddo's 3rd birthday today with cupcakes baked by mom. Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment