Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Burnham Bunch: Racoons

Raccoons

Read: The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn and Rabbit and Hare Divide an Apple by Harriet Ziefert



Flannel board: Using Rabbit and Hare Divide an Apple
Via Google.com/images I searched and found photos of a mushroom, an apple, two hares and one raccoon. I cut the mushroom and apple in an uneven halves. For the apple, I cut the smaller and larger pieces into halves. As the story progressed, I divided the mushroom and the apple into pieces. Using prompts we will discuss fairness, sharing, and greediness.



Craft: Raccoon masks - The Creativity Corner via Pinterest

Need: Paper plates, black construction paper, glue sticks, large popsicle sticks, large google eyes, and black crayons.
  • Prior to storytime, I cut the plate in half. Using the remnant, I cut "inner" ear shapes. Out of black paper, I cut a "mask" shape and two "outer" ears.
  • At storytime, the kiddos first glued the "inner" ears to the "outer" ears. Then I asked them to color all the white pieces with their black crayon.
  • When they finished coloring, I asked them to assemble their raccoon: First glue the ears to the head. Next our raccoon's mask and then large google eyes. Last in place, the popsicle stick.














No comments:

Post a Comment