Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Burnham Bunch: Dr. Seuss

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

Read: Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? and 10 Apples Up On Top! (writing at Theo. LeSieg)




Flannel board: Using 10 Apples Up On Top, I placed numbered apples (1-10) on the board ... prompting kiddos to count as we read along.



Craft: 10 Apples Up On Top!
Need: White and red craft paper, a "head," and glue sticks.
  • Prior to storytime, I cut white craft paper in half ... to make two narrow sheets. I also cut-out apples (10 per kiddo) using our Silhouette cutting machine. AND, I printed out a head image for the apples to sit upon.
  • At each craft seat, I placed white paper, 10 apples, 1 head and a glue stick.
  • I instructed the kiddos to glue down their head and the 10 apples.
  • For the older kiddos, I asked them to mark each apples from 1 to 10.
  • Easy peasy, lemon breezy!





1 comment:

  1. Just awesome you have the silhouette cutting machine. I keep thinking about all the things I used to cut out when I was working years ago when there were no cutting machines like the silhouette or the circut. Makes things easier but also you can be so much more creative! Great projects Jean!

    ReplyDelete