Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Burnham Bunch: Gardens and Snails and Storytime Tales

Slowly but surely ....

Well, just three weeks left of school-year storytime. Some of my kiddos are moving on to Kindergarten. *sigh* I will miss them so much. Luckily, most of them have younger siblings. I keep telling the mom's that they must keep having children, so that they will never leave me!

Read: A Green, Green Garden by Mercer Mayer and Snail's Good Night by Ann Whiteford Paul


Craft: Paper plate snail found via Pinterest

Need: Paper plates, multi-colored squares of tissue paper, white glue, sponge brush, green craft paper and sticker-eyes (of course!!)
  • Prior to storytime, I cut some snail "bodies" out of the green craft paper and glued them on to the plates. And that is ALL the prep work needed.
  • I had the kiddos "paint" their paper plate with the glue (and then set the glue aside -- otherwise tissue paper + glue = big ol' mess!)
  • Then, I instructed the kiddos to place all the multi-color pieces of tissue paper onto their plate.
  • Last touch, sticker eyes.








He is pretending he is Luke Skywalker in his Stormtropper "costume" LOVE IT!



No comments:

Post a Comment