Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Burnham Bunch: Sharks

Vacation = Sharks?

Well, this is it. The final week of Burnham Bunch Storytime -- for this school year. Summer Bunch begins June 21st. But, until then, we will be in a mad-frenzy of summer reading preparation! Lots and lots to do!

Our final storytime theme is usually vacation and trips. But, this year I am just all tapped out of ideas. I can't focus on the now. Instead, I am focused on all there is to do to prepare for summer Reading. So, as I was surfing Pinterest for inspiration, I found this cute idea. Seriously, thank the stars for Pinterest. So, I guess, sharks it is ....

Read: Commotion in the Ocean by Giles Andrea and Never Take a Shark to the Dentist by Jane Judy Barrett



Flannel Board: We Dove in the Ocean - via Valley Storytime



Craft: Shark!! found via Pinterest from Almost Unschoolers

Need: Blue and red craft paper, white sticker eyes, small paper plates, glue sticks.
  • Prior to storytime, I sketched a shark shape and cut shape from blue paper (and shark fin from the scraps). I then cut some toothy-grins from small paper plates. And cut tongues from the red paper.
  • Have the kids glue together.
  • D.O.N.E.







No comments:

Post a Comment