Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Burnham Bunch: Valentine's Day

XO XO

Read: A Kiss Like This by Mary Murphy, Big Hugs, Little Hugs by Felicia Bond and Ten Things I Love About You by Daniel Kirk




Flannelboard: Six Little Valentine's find it on Pinterest from Flannel Friday



Six Little Valentines were sent to my house,
The first one said, "I love you, From Mouse."
Five little Valentines in my mailbox,
The second one said, "Be mine, Love Fox."
Four little Valentines full of love,
the third one said, "you are sweet, From Dove."
Three little Valentines just for me,
The fourth one said, "Be my honey, Love Bee."
Two little Valentines mailed with care,
The fifth one said, "Here's a hug, From Bear."
The last little Valentine, from my friend Jay,
This one said, "Happy Valentine's Day!"


Need: Construction paper in red, pink and white. Pipe cleaners, glue sticks and pencil.
  • Prior to storytime, my assistant cut out hearts of various shapes and colors:
    • Large = red
    • Medium = white
    • Small = pink
    • Super-small = pink
  • She also cut out a butterfly body shape with a 2 slits for the pencil to fit in. 
  • She trimmed the pipe cleaners and hot glued the super-small pink hearts onto the tips.
  • At storytime, I had the kiddos glue together their Love Bugs ...
  • At the end we slipped a pencil into the body.






2 comments:

  1. Another project I will be stealing. Especially the envelop flannel board activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, steal away .. I borrowed the idea from someone else. They used felt ... which I love. But, I didn't have enough for the project.

    ReplyDelete