Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bunch Bunch: Kangaroos

Bounce and Boing!

Read: Peek-a-boo Sue by Dick Punnett and Pouch! by David Ezra Stein



Flannelboard/Storyboard:

I found this great idea on Pinterest from Katie (aka The Storytime Lady) at Recipe for Reading. She was inspired to create a flannel board activity for the book Boing by Nick Bruel. I loved the idea! Thanks for the inspiration, Katie! Here is my version.



Craft: Kangroo Snack Cups

First day back from my "stay-cation" and I am scrambling for a craft for storytime tomorrow. It is a short four-hour day. I am trying to unload boxes, follow-up on emails and clear-off whatever was left on my desk during my short time away. I frantically searched Pinterest and the interwebz for a cute Kangaroo craft. Many are booooooring. But, I did find a nice spin at Tippytoe Crafts. Really cute! I will most likely be cutting a million bits of craft pieces while watching television this evening (big New Girl fan!).

Seriously, what would I do with out all the wonderful inspiration out there! Thanks all!

What you need:
  • White paper, crayons, small Dixie-cups (in a cute design if you can find some), glue sticks, sticker eyes and craft/popsicle sticks. Optional: snack for the snack cups -- really it shouldn't be an option since it is implied by the name! tee-hee.
  • Prior to story, I hot glued popsicle sticks to the inside of the cup. Cut out leg, head and arm pieces.
  • Have children color their Kangaroo pieces. (whatever colors they want)
  • Apply sticker eyes.
  • Glue pieces to the back of cup and popsicle stick.
  • Insert snack .... Boing!







Our visitor Parker the Bear!



  







No comments:

Post a Comment