Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Burnham Bunch: Frogs

Frogs

This is the time of year when I am up to my ears with planning of summer programs. I am the type of person that really truly enjoys the planning. BUT, when the time comes for the actually event .... I am sick of it all! I am going cross-eyed from staring at the computer monitor all day and pinning ideas to my SRP 2012 board on Pinterest. Sometimes, I feel as if Pinterest is the bane of my existence. There are just too many fabulous ideas!!! So, all of this is leading up to the fact that I am recycling the same books and flannel board that I used for last year's frog theme. Let me be clear. I am not reusing the idea there is a BIG difference. (No there isn't. I am just trying to make myself feel better - bah! What a slacker!).

Read: Jump! by Scott M. Fischer and A Frog in the Bog by Karma Wilson



Flannel Board: A Frog in the Bog

Craft: Frogs (of course)

I haven't posted anything from my fav blog, No Time For Flashcards, in a long while. This idea is super-easy and cute. Perfect for my wasted brain. I altered it a bit ... instead of tree frogs, they will make swamp frogs.
  • Need: Paper plates, green paint, paint dabbers, white, black and red construction paper, a clip-art fly and glue sticks.
  • Prior to storytime, I cut the paper plates in half. I found a clip-art fly from another craft, so I printed out a bunch and cut those out as well as white & black circles for the eyes, and a red strip for the tongue.

  • I had the kiddos glue their eye circles together -- then glue to the back of the plate.
  • Then, using the paint dabber, I asked them to flip the plate over and paint the plate green.
  • Last step is to attach the tongue and fly.
  • Ribbit!







No comments:

Post a Comment