Saturday, April 21, 2012

RIF - Reading is Fundamental

This morning I was reading my online journals and came across an article about RIF's Book People Unite. For some of us of a certain age, I am sure you can remember the commercials of our youth. I so so so wanted a truck filled with books to pull into my neighborhood. Of course, I grew up in Fairfield, CT, which is not generally known to be a "underserved community." So, I was pretty much out of luck (or VERY lucky depending on how you look at it!)



RIF - Book People Unite's is asking book lovers to make a pledge to "declare your belief in transformative power of books." A powerful concept. Check out the new PSA with song by Jack Black. So, fun ..... and a great message too! So, why not make the pledge!



No comments:

Post a Comment